INADEV is a recognized SBA 8(a) certified SDB based in McLean, VA since 2011. We provide high quality agile digital services, cloud based solutions, and full end to end operational services to multiple Federal agencies such as Department of Homeland Security (USCIS), Social Security Administration, US Census Bureau, Food and Drug Administration, and large commercial entities such as Echostar.
Must be available to work onsite in Woodlawn MD when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
US Citizenship or Green Card/EAD status with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance is required.
Collaborate with Development Architecture and release teams, providing architectural design recommendations.Recognized by the industry or industry contributor for PostgreSQL. In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture
- Administration of community edition PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in a AWS environment.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management.
We offer a full benefits package. This includes but is not limited to:
- Day to day administration of PostgreSQL databases in AWS,
- Collaborate with development, architecture, and release teams, providing architectural design recommendations, driving standards for effective PostgreSQL transition to production operations.
- Recognized by the industry or industry contributor for PostgreSQL
- In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture
- Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using different tools
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments
- Conduct technical reviews and Walk through of system design documentation with development and design team members.
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL data warehouse environment
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
- Create users, establish database security, create resource queue, performance tuning in terms of query execution etc.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades.
- Perform capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects
- Manage Disaster Recovery environment
- Identify and resolve incidents and address to user problems/concerns
- Generate reports of all processes and jobs currently running on PostgreSQL with details like users, start and end time, CPU Usage and time, Memory usage, IO Time, locking etc.
No 3rd party Recruiters/agencies please.
- Multiple healthcare plans to fit your life for Medical, Vision, Dental & Prescription
- Employer paid Life Insurance & Long/Short Disability Insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 8 paid holidays and 2 paid floating holidays
- 401k, vested immediately
- A flexible work schedule
- Excellent work life balance
- A commitment to creating a fulfilling work environment
: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
INADEV Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, or national origin.